Forums
DoWUK Clan Site :: Forums :: Public Area :: Chit chat

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
hillsborough petition
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: Administrator, Mobster, seantheman, Claymore, DazzerG, Ripper, M@vrik, Elvis, B!azey*
Author Post
jerryslayer
Mon Apr 20 2009, 05:26pm
jerryslayer
Registered Member #88
this may do no good but its worth trying
if you lads could spare 5 minutes and agree with what this is about please put your name to it
thanks
R.I.P. 96
if enough people do this who knows maybe one day they can
M@vrik
Mon Apr 20 2009, 06:44pm
The Website Guy

Registered Member #25

Done. I'll post this on my website as well, every little helps

jerryslayer
Mon Apr 20 2009, 07:10pm
jerryslayer
Registered Member #88
nice one mav
Mobster
Tue Apr 21 2009, 03:10pm
The Format Guy

Registered Member #4
done
maddog
Thu May 07 2009, 01:13am
Registered Member #86
Whats the point ? Everyone knows thousands of 'fans' turned up wiout tickets and forced there way in killing those already inside?
They almost managed to do the same two years ago at the european cup final when supposedly 'legit fans' (none with tickets) forced there way through police barriers into the stadium.
Oh and did I forget to mention Heysel ?

If your looking for a conspiracy I'm afraid there is none...

Marylin Munroe really did die of an overdose..

Kennedy was shot by ONE gunman...

Gordon Brown really IS a tosser....

[ Edited Thu May 07 2009, 01:21am ]
Elvis
Thu May 07 2009, 07:37am

Registered Member #31
and the police did beat the already dying fans back into the stands because they were too stupid to allow them onto the pitch and survive...
jerryslayer
Thu May 07 2009, 11:10am
jerryslayer
Registered Member #88
maddog wrote ...

Whats the point ? Everyone knows thousands of 'fans' turned up wiout tickets and forced there way in killing those already inside?
They almost managed to do the same two years ago at the european cup final when supposedly 'legit fans' (none with tickets) forced there way through police barriers into the stadium.

typical copper sticking up for their own
you really dont have a clue do you you say fans forced their way in (was you there?) well the top pig on the day says he gave the order to open the gates so your comment is fucked right there
the police didnt have a clue what to do on the day and thats what cost 96 football fans to die
so dont come on MY thread and try to turn it on the fans

[ Edited Thu May 07 2009, 05:53pm ]
Reddog
Thu May 07 2009, 01:08pm
Registered Member #138
I don't really know the hillborough drama so I won't speak of it. But as Belgian the heysel drama has had an impact on us. And it has peaked my interest more than once
There never has been a formal investigation as it would have revealed to many inadequacies on the Belgian and UEFA side of the story.

While the charge of the Liverpool fans is the final straw in the story, which undeniably lead to disaster it was only a part.

I had been in the Heysel on a few occasions prior to the events. While I was still very young at that time, I found it funny that stadia in division 2 were in better condition than our national stadium. Back then I didn't know what concrete rot was now I do know this and I can guarantee there was a lot of it in the Heysel. Liverpool CEO request the game to be held in another venue but this request was refused. Condition had been called a 'dump' by the gunners who had played there a few years prior

Next to that the belgian organisator sold 'neutral' tickets to whoever with no background checks. Tour operator sold a chunk of the neutral ticket, afterwards it was found that they were mostly sold to Juve fans, and to a small amount of LFC fans. Belgian has quiet a big Italian community, legacy of our mining industry. Many of the Belgo-Italy Juve fans bought tickets for the Z-Block (neutral zone). Said Z-Block was supposed to be the buffer zone between the fans of both sides.

Belgian police, and steward failed to do proper patrol and gate check thus allowing more people in the stadion, mainly Liverpool fans, than it could hold.

Next to that block Y X , the LFC side, and Z, which supposedly was the neutral zone were separated by a temporary fence and a one man thick police cordon. The no-mandsland being a mere few meter wide invited for throwing and tossing stuff towards each other. Eventually the throwing escalated to where the LFC fans charged the neutral zone and run down the fence makeshift fence. Juve fans try to escape at the field side of the Z block climbing over a wall, that wall collapsed, stirring more panic and this is also the moment where most fans died.

Next police & medical teams evacuate dead bodies and pile em up and cover them with big flags. Helicopter picking up the wounded later blew away side flags exposing the bodies, wich generated more chaos. now Juve fans move on to the pitch and start provoceing the scousers police intervenes and avoid another direct confrontation. in the meantime Match get kicked off.

Now if you take into consideration that back then, and even now, the Belgian police had never to deal with anything like this before or after you could say that they were not able/ready to deal with a situation like this. Where this isn't a blame it is definably a factor in the result, and maybe even in the escalation, of the events that took place

So yes while the football fans, more precicely LFC side are the one to start charging in and are ultimately responsible for the direct confrontation there is much to say about what allowed the build up to happen. Keeping in mind that back in the 80' it were the hooligan haydays. One could easily argue, that EUFA, KBVB, Police were just as much to blame for the situation as the football fans.
If you mix oil and a heat source you get a fire. In this case you could argue that the deprecate state of the venue, the lack of police force, and the shaby organisation compose the oil. The fans are the heatsource in the story.

In other words, you don't put the cat next to the milk and expect the milk to stay untouched

Elvis
Thu May 07 2009, 05:57pm

Registered Member #31
and lets not turn this into a slagging match please - everyone is entitled to their opinion even when it's wrong.....
M@vrik
Thu May 07 2009, 06:05pm
The Website Guy

Registered Member #25
maddog wrote ...

More proof that Police only have 2 friends ... other Police & themselves.
And as you say Jerry - they always right, I know they forget that they are paid to do a JOB, make sure the law is upheld, but they seem to forget that they are NOT the law

Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF